Tar X is a super strength tar, adhesive, and bug remover as well as a degreaser that derives its power from 100% of the solvents extracted from orange peels. This makes it eco-friendly but don’t let that fool you when it comes to the power of this underated product. Take a look at the product videos to see it in action.
- This product contains no chlorinated solvents or harsh chemicals and is not corrosive. It has over 60% active ingredients.
- Cuts through heavy grease and tar
- Use for all purpose de-greasing tar and asphalt removal, insect , tire mark ,adhesives spot removal, traffic film and many other tough cleaning jobs.
- Leaves surfaces clean in one step.
- Slightly more viscosity than other tar removers so it will cling longer to the surface, cutting down on the volume of product used, & creating less run off.
- Quickly penetrates and loosens tar, so it may be flushed off with water.
- Can also be used as a heavy duty parts and equipment cleaner.
- Built in color tracers, which aid in viewing where it has been applied and when it has been removed.
- Great Citrus Smell
- Fast Reaction Time
- Easy to use
- Heavy duty formula allows exteneded dwell times when needed
- Based on renewable solvents and natural ingredients
- Reduces the need for intensive claying when organic contaminants are the culprit
Corey’s Tips and Method of Application
- Tar X is a (citrus based) solvent so it’s recommended that you apply it to a dry surface where it won’t be diluted by water.
- After shaking the bottle and spraying onto a dry surface I allow it to dwell for anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes depending on how thick the tar is and the situation of the environment.
- Agitate the area with a damp wash mitt or sponge before rinsing it off.
- Tar X should not be allowed to dry on surfaces or be applied in direct sunlight.
- Do not leave on the surface for more than 7 to 10 minutes or allow to dry.
- If using Tar X as a spot treatment and run into stubborn tar you can take a sponge and apply some Tar X to it before using it to agitate the tar.
Precautions and Warnings
- Avoid sensitive clear plastics like headlights and clear bras. Headlights can re lightly re-polished but clear bras should be avoided completely,
- WARNING : Do NOT let dry on plastic or other sensitive materials of possible damage may occur.
- Avoid working under direct sunshine or hot surface.
- Avoid spraying on acrylic paint surfaces, or poor after market acrylic paint, it may affect that surface and cause a possible bleaching affect.
- Work in a well ventilated area.
- We strongly recommend the used of eye protection, safety gloves and a dedicated face mask while working with any professional car care product which produces vapor or misting due to possible blow backs.